Introducing Naugatuck Valley Mobile Banking -
Your Community Bank at Your finger tips.
Naugatuck Valley Saving and Loan is pleased to announce a mobile banking solution for community banking from your smartphone. Read below to find out more about this exciting service including, our Complete User Guide and How to Sign Up.
There are 3 easy options to access your information without any bank fees:
- TXT Banking
- Mobile Browser
- Get the TouchBanking App for your iPhone
Ready to sign up for Naugatuck Valley Mobile Banking?
You'll need online banking to start. Log in to your account, or sign up here.
Once inside your account, simply select preferences and add in your mobile number in the mobile banking data field. During registration, we send you a text message with a unique activation code to verify your phone number. This code associates your mobile phone with your account. To complete registration, enter the activation code that we send you. This verification lets you know your mobile phone number has been successfully registered in our system.
You can also call 203-720-5000 and speak with our Internet Branch Manager who can assist you with the registration process.
Frequently asked Questions
Is Mobile Banking secure?
To ensure the safety and privacy of your account information, we provide some key security features in Mobile Banking:
- Unique Activation Code — We send you a unique activation code to verify your phone number. This code associates your mobile phone with your account. This verification also lets you know your mobile phone number has been successfully registered in our system.
- Authentication — You are authenticated for every interaction with Mobile Banking.
- Encryption — We use 128-bit encryption for all transactions.
- Fraud Detection — We incorporate mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Auditability — We provide full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
- No Identifiable Information — We don’t return any personally identifiable information in a text message, such as your full account number, e-mail address, or personal address. We never ask for or include your user ID or password in any message we send. We don’t save any files with your personal or financial information on your phone. That information stays strictly within online banking.
Are there fees to use Mobile Banking?
We don’t charge fees to access or use Mobile Banking. You should contact your mobile service carrier for information about fees associated with sending or receiving text messages or accessing the Internet from your mobile phone.
What if my phone number changes?
If your mobile phone number changes, go to online banking and access the Mobile Banking pages. On the My Phones page, find the old phone number and select the option “Change my phone number.”
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, no one can access your account without knowing your password, and, in some cases, your unique user name. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, you can deactivate your phone in Mobile Banking. Go to online banking and access the Mobile Banking pages. On the My Phones page, find the phone number and select the option “Stop using this phone for Mobile Banking.”
Which phones can I use for Mobile Banking?
We support hundreds of models for these major brands: iPhone, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Pantech, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sony Ericsson. We support phones on a number of different operating systems, including (but not limited to) Android, Blackberry, iOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux, Palm webOS, and Maemo.
Looking for a full user guide? Click here to download our Mobile Banking Guide.